NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is seeking a qualified Assistant Engineer experienced in Civil Engineering, Transportation, General Infrastructure, Streets, Traffic Improvements, Storm Drainage, or in Water and Wastewater distribution and collection systems with design experience and construction familiarity along with storm water collection and treatment facilities. This position is open to part time or full time applicants for an experienced engineer looking for an exceptional opportunity to manage and grow their career! NV5 has opportunities for both Transportation oriented skill sets as well as Water/Wastewater skill sets. As an Assistant Engineer, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of experience in land development, civil engineering, Transportation, General Infrastructure, Streets, Traffic Improvements, Storm Drainage, or in water and sewer improvements, street improvements, retaining walls, grading, and utility projects. Additionally, ideal candidate will be proficient in AutoCad, C3D, ArcGIS, MathLab, Bluebeam Revu, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel software. Ideal candidate is familiar with working in a team environment and will report to the Project Manager.
The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
• Designs Transportation, General Infrastructure, Streets, Traffic Improvements, Storm Drainage,
• Designs water improvement, sewer improvement, and fire service plans for residential and commercial developments.
• Applies the standards of the City/County and utilized Civil 3D to create pipe networks, profile views, and set up plan sheets. Contacted the plan checkers and addressed comments until final approval.
• Prepares a WQMP report for a residential development project using Bioretention Basin as BMP. In addition, prepared a BMP map for the project site and performed BMP design calculations.
• Prepares a variety of exhibits, including composite utility exhibits, fire flow exhibits, etc.
• Prepares a sewer study reports.
• Collaborates with the team to prepare rough grading plans, precise grading and drainage plans.
• Designs and prepares street light plans, and signing and striping plans. In addition, prepares street improvement plans and collaborated on street profile designs.
• Prepared FSOD for residential projects in the County. The work included checking the lot areas, setbacks and architectural plans to determine the most feasible plan mix. Utilized both Civil 3D as well as Microsoft Excel
for open space and coverage space percentages and verifying that ordinance requirements are being met. The task also included communication with the developer’s construction team for collaboration
on plan mixes, elevations, etc.
• Performs retaining wall and footing calculations and created wall profiles based on County standards.
• Estimated project costs by calculating project construction quantities and
researching their unit cost.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, or a related engineering field
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid California Driver's license at the time of hire
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in Training (EIT) by the State of California; OR by the technical board of another state, with the ability to obtain California Registration within six (6) months of employment
The pay range for this California position is $35.00- $50.00 per hour; however, base pay offered may be higher or lower depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience of the candidate. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per California Senate Bill 1162. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via the NV5 careers site.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.