NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Field Technician I/II conducts field observation, QA/QC and testing services during construction phases of a project as well as on-going water quality monitoring and materials testing to ensure constructed projects incorporate NV5 engineering recommendations and meet plan specifications.
The Field Technician II is a journey-level position requiring the performance of more complex duties and the ability to work independently under the general supervision of the Supervisory Technician or location manager, reporting to the Project Manager and Project Engineer for specific projects.
The Field Technician I is an entry-level position working under the close supervision of the Supervisory Technician or location manager, and reports to the Project Manager and Project Engineer for specific projects.
• Observes construction activities and performs testing and measurements with the direction of supervisory technician, project manager or project engineer.
• Observes work for conformance with the approved design drawings and specifications, NV5’s engineering recommendations, and other approved documents.
• Furnishes inspection reports; upon approval of the project manager and when requested, to the building official, the engineer or architect of record, and other designated persons.
• Notifies contractor, supervisor, and/or project manager of problems and deviations from plans and specifications.
• All discrepancies shall be brought to the immediate attention of the contractor for correction; then if uncorrected, to the proper design authority and to the building official.
• Provides complete and comprehensive communication with project management and other technicians to ensure the effective management of the project.
• Ongoing direct client contact arranging job progress meetings, materials testing, inspections, and related activities.
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Demonstrates complete competence as Field Technician I and/or advanced education.
• Demonstrates familiarity with various common job site conditions, problems encountered in assigned territory, and proper procedures for rectification.
• Concrete testing and sampling experience preferred but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork and problem-solving skills.
• Electronic report preparation (Microsoft Office) and technical writing.
• Must have valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
Physical and Environmental Factors:
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials up to 50 pounds.
• May require frequent sitting at desk for extended periods of time.
• Frequent usage of verbal communication equipment (telephone, radio, cell).
• Frequently requires walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping, twisting, turning, crawling, squatting on level and non-level surfaces that may be slippery.
• Repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties.
• Frequently write or use a keyboard to communicate.
• May be required to work outside normal business hours.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Must adhere to NV5 safety practices and policies.
• Valid CA Driver's License
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.