NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Governmental Liaison works with project teams in support of the Power Delivery group. Incumbents are responsible for assisting utility clients throughout project negotiations with municipal and other governmental agencies. Supports utility clients to resolve disputes regarding permitting and related matters.
• Work directly with utility clients and government agencies to support client projects
• Support clients in resolving disputes with government agencies over matter such as scopes of work changes, excavation requirements, permitting, working hours and project limits
• Coordinates permitting work between internal and external project teams to ensure agency approvals
• Negotiates deadlines with project teams and municipalities to avoid or prevent delays and fines
• Coordinates and/or negotiates construction schedules with utilities, contractors, and agency crews to minimize impact when sharing project sites
• 2+ years of direct experience negotiating municipal project and construction requirements within the right-of-way
• 1+ years of experience negotiating project and construction requirements with Caltrans and railroad agencies
• 5+ years of experience with project management
• 5+ years of experience with utility infrastructure projects
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in relevant field
• Strong understanding of agency project review process, permitting and traffic control requirements
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Evaluation is based, in part, on the timely, accurate completion of work
• Attends in-house seminars and educational opportunities outside of the offices
• This position requires sitting for extensive periods of time
• Must be able to visually interpret complex materials
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.