NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
Working in a team environment, candidate responsibilities will include:
Candidates must be able to eventually develop a solid understanding of project budget requirements, schedules, and client management skills, focusing on client relations.
• High School Diploma or GED required including a background in math, geometry and trigonometry;
• Associate Degree from an approved Surveying Curriculum or related program desirable
• 10+ years’ survey experience, including 4+ years’ experience as Survey Party Chief
• LSIT or PLS Certification desirable
• 3D scanning experience desirable
• Must be proficient in the use of total stations, GPS Receivers and data collectors, including Trimble
• AutoCAD/Civil 3D experience, desired.
• Must have good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying instruments and calculators
• Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of plans and specifications
• Demonstrated knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision
• Demonstrated knowledge of monumentation, construction staking and field markings; must have comprehensive knowledge of boundary evidence search for GLO corners and accessories, property corners and other lines of public and private ownership.
• Demonstrated abilities of the following: complex problem solving, listening, reading comprehension, learning, time management, critical thinking, speaking, equipment selection, judgment and decision making, problem solving, and demonstrates “best practices” techniques and a willingness to learn.
• Ability to download field data collector into an Civil 3D/AutoCAD drawing file and provide thorough review and edits of codes and line work
• Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads
• Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
• Must be able and willing to travel up to 100% of the time to project sites across the continental US
• Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
• Must be able to work in inclement weather in all types of environments
• Must possess valid Driver’s License; ability to meet company insurability guidelines required
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, hike up and down steep slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment, bend, squat, dig monument holes, pound in stakes and rebar monuments, carry and use brush cutting equipment, drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile, climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to adhere to the company’s policies, safety plan and the project safety plan.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.