NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is recruiting for a Senior Health Physicist to support the Hanford Site Radiation Protection Program. This position will assure the protection of the radiological health and safety of DOE and Site workers and the public, and to demonstrate compliance with applicable laws, DOE directives, and legally-binding agreements. This is a future potential opportunity.
• Understand, adhere to, and apply requirements and guidance specific to radiological protection/safety.
• Apply Department of Energy radiological safety requirements, evaluate and interpret current and proposed regulations to determine compliance, and assist in implementation of new or changing requirements.
• Support implementation of 10 CFR 835. Provide technical support, procedure and technical basis document development and technical support for maintaining radiological protection functional areas.
• Responsible for ensuring assigned policies, procedures, and technical documents effectively implement conduct of operations principles, safety management program components, and radiological control requirements.
• Provide radiological control expertise and coordination for major project activities in support of accomplishing critical milestones.
• Provide radiological safety related technical support, technical assistance and guidance on a variety of radiological control problems, recommending corrective actions (including changes in the work environment) when necessary.
• Plan, evaluate, and document radiological surveys for demonstrating compliance with dose or risk-based regulations or standards.
• Recommend and select from a wide variety of radiological instrumentation for specific measurement situations.
• Conduct Radiological Control Technician training and provide field oversight of supporting technicians.
• Advanced degree in nuclear engineering, health physics or related discipline.
• Minimum of 20 years of experience
• Minimum of 5 years of health physics with directly relevant field experience.
• Must have demonstrated experience in the development of technical basis documents.
• Experience in the implementation of occupational radiation protection as defined by 10 CFR 835.
• Certification by the American Board of Health Physics.
• Must be able to perform multiple job tasks simultaneously to effectively manage assignments and support initiatives.
• Ability to work under limited direction and apply professional judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and accomplishing assigned work.
• Mid-level experience in a variety of office software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Multi Agency Radiation Survey and Site Investigation Manual (MARSSIM) clearance process.
• Experience in Radiological Work Planning including experience with radiological D&D work.
• Demonstrated experience with radiological instrumentation/analysis, dosimetry and proficient procedure writing
• Good working knowledge of radiological work place monitoring.
• Previous experience with (or desire to learn) health physics software and radiological models, such as MCNP, Microshield, VARSKIN, ORIGEN and ResRad, is preferred.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.