NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
Our New York City office is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our growing Civil Design team. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and talented engineer to work across diverse disciplines, project types and clients. With an established reputation in New York City, NV5 has long-standing relationships with City and State transportation agencies; builders and developers. We work across a wide variety of project delivery mechanisms, and with 100 offices nationwide, we offer exposure to participate on exciting projects across the country.
NV5’s NYC office works with both public and private clients in the transportation, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
NV5 is seeking a senior civil professional who will be responsible for the management of transportation engineering projects covering highways, roadways, water and sewer facilities and transit facilities. Duties include overseeing highway/roadway engineering, resiliency projects. stormwater management, drainage, design, cost estimating and construction support services.
Engineers in this role plan and conduct work that requires keen judgement and can devise new approaches to solve design problems and oversee assigned projects. They are i well-versed in leading engineering teams in planning, engineering, design, construction and utility industry consulting on complex projects for local and national clients and versatile enough to handle smaller local assignments. Solid written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Engineers at this level are actively involved in the process of bringing in work for the firm. The successful candidate will oversee work that may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements. This position requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of related specialties. The Senior Civil PM will serve as a contact for clients, contractors, and other professionals. They may also serve as a project leader, and are expected to coordinate the team’s work. Must be able to give direction to less-experienced designers and engineers and assist in staff development.
A summary of responsibilities follows:
• Managing large multi-disciplinary highway reconstruction projects, both traditional bid-build and alternate delivery (Design-Build, PPP, etc.)
• Working with Contractors for the delivery of Design-Build projects.
• Training / mentoring junior staff in various aspects of highway/roadway design.
• Assisting with the production and delivering transportation projects through the construction administration phase
• Pre-design project planning and financial management
• Design of highways and roads including the development of geometric layout, grading, and drainage and utilities
• Development of technical design and specification documents
• Technical QA/QC
• BS in Civil Engineering required.
• Minimum of 15 years of highway/roadway design experience, with at least 10 years of experience managing design projects.
• Current PE in New York State or licensed in another state with the ability to obtain a New York PE license within six months.
• Experience with Design-Build a plus
• We regret that we are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visas at this time
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IND - High