NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
Our Boston office is seeking an experienced BIM Manager who will take a leading role in the training and assessment of junior and senior level Revit/CAD staff members and oversee the CAD/Revit functions in NV5’s Boston Office to ensure that NV5’s standards are consistently applied to CAD/Revit designs. The BIM Manager will work closely with the Corporate Design Technology/BIM Manager regarding CAD/Revit technical issues and standards.
• Researches, tests and implements new procedures and/or updates existing design software for improved production and methods.
• Implements new CAD/Revit standards that have been established by the Corporate BIM Manager; suggests and assist in developing standards when appropriate.
• Implements custom ideas and solutions into any and all Revit packages that need improvements or patches.
• Communicates with the Corporate BIM Manager on a variety of CAD/Revit related issues and standards.
• Documents training procedures for all design software currently in use as well as any procedures for new programs. Provide an electronic NV5 design handbook for all CAD Technicians, Designers and Engineers to reference.
• Instructs all CAD staff on client CAD/Revit standards and NV5 standards.
• Assists with the transition to new design technology platforms, such as AutoCAD and Revit, during roll out efforts to NV5 Boston office staff.
• Handles inspection and correction of files to meet client CAD/Revit standards as needed.
• Communicates with clients and external parties to resolve file issues, determine file directions, and provide specific file services to our clients.
• Assists in educating clients on how NV5 utilizes Revit/AutoCAD MEP, as well as any future releases of design software and how our software packages will interact with each other.
• Supervises the Boston office CAD Tech/Set-up staff; including coordinating staff’s daily assignments and work flow to ensure that project set-ups and updates are completed in a timely manner for all Boston office projects.
• Performs CAD/Revit work as needed, in all disciplines, to meet the deadlines of the Boston office. May work from markups or from verbal instruction.
• Assists the Boston office Leaders in conducting design staff performance reviews and ongoing performance meetings throughout the year. Evaluates CAD/Revit operators and make recommendations for development and improvement. Provides coaching, training and mentoring to design staff as needed.
• Assist with training and skills development of design staff through training seminars, verbal instruction, and by bringing new technical developments in-house; this includes training staff on Newforma, Bluebeam, and other emerging technologies.
• Conducts CAD/Revit skills assessments for Boston office candidates being interviewed.
• Conducts new employee design technology orientations and trainings. This includes training new staff on Newforma, Bluebeam, NV5 CAD/Revit standards, project folder navigation, and procedures for project setup and multi-discipline drafting. Implements a consistent training program for new hires. Identifies the need for additional training for new hires during their first 2-4 months.
• Assists staff with resolving technical issues related to design technologies through our HelpDesk system, including CAD/Revit problems, PDF conversion/creation problems, file corruptions, etc.
• May provide back up to NV5’s IS department on an occasional basis with basic computer troubleshooting activities.
• Responsible for PC/workstation set up for the Boston office.
• Communicates with outside vendors for maintenance of plotting equipment, advises NV5 managers on equipment upgrades when appropriate.
• May perform other duties to meet the operational needs of the firm. Other duties include ordering and stocking of plotter paper, verification of linear footage used by plotters, blueprint making, photocopying, plotting, scanning, packaging, mailing, and other miscellaneous duties which may be required from time to time to assist in the smooth operation of the Boston office.
• Communicates effectively with coworkers, vendors and clients.
• Must have formal training in AutoCAD and Revit set-up and development.
• Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and CAD systems, specifically recent versions of AutoCAD and Revit.
• Prior work experience in consulting engineering field preferred.
• 5-10 years of prior experience supervising staff members preferred.
• Associate's Degree or CAD Certificate Program preferred.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm), with the ability to work on-call and extended hours (including after hours, holidays and weekends). Must be able to work at a computer station for up to eight hours per day, and operate keyboard and mouse. Must be able to operate scanner, plotter, photocopier, and blueprint machines including the manipulation of drawings and/or other paper documents into these machines.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.