NV5 is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
The Laboratory/Field Technician performs laboratory and field testing, QA/QC, and testing services during the construction and pre-construction phases of a project to ensure constructed projects meet plan specifications. The Lab/Field Technician works under the close supervision of the Lab Manager.
• Performs testing and measurements with the direction of project manager, lab manager or supervisors.
• Performs tests in conformance with established guidelines and standard specifications, such as those set forth by ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, Caltrans, etc.
• Furnishes draft testing reports. All discrepancies shall be brought to the immediate attention of the project manager, lab manager, or supervisor.
• Immediately notifies supervisor, and/or project manager of problems and deviations from plans and specifications.
• Complete and comprehensive communication with project personnel to ensure the effective management of the project.
• Flexible with working hours and be able to work on weekends (occasionally).
• Proficient in window based programs and be capable to learn new operating programs.
• Ability to understand perform calculations as required in accordance with applicable test standard.
• Prolonged periods of standing and some heavy lifting, 50lbs.
• Willingness to perform tasks in both the lab and field.
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 years experience and clean driving record.
• Working experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
• Caltrans certifications or ability to obtain certifications.
• Certified portable nuclear gauge operator.
• ACI certifications for lab and field or ability to obtain in a timely manner.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
IND - High