NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
We are seeking a talented Structural Forensic Engineer for our Forensic Engineering team. NV5 offers comprehensive engineering, environmental, geotechnical, engineering design, construction, forensic engineering and litigation support services. This is an opportunity to be involved in challenging projects and to provide technical solutions.
We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community. You will need to be flexible in your approach to challenges, and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering project solutions.
• Conduct field investigations and analyze failures involving a variety of structures within residential and commercial properties
• Determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures
• Evaluations may include foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, site evaluations, sub-surface investigations and vibration analysis
• Analyze failures in buildings and other infrastructure systems by conducting site visits and applying engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards
• Conduct unbiased investigations for a variety of clients
• Prepare reports documenting causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation
• Ability to support conclusions by appropriate expert testimony in legal proceedings.
• B.S. degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field
• Licensed Professional Engineer in State of appointment or the ability to obtain is preferred
• At least two year forensic engineering experience performing building assessments and failure analysis, with report preparation for property owners, insurance companies and/or attorneys
• Working knowledge of structural systems and foundation design/analysis/construction
• Design/analysis and or construction experience with reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and steel a plus.
• Working knowledge of building codes and experience reviewing building plans and specifications
• Willing and able to travel to job sites
Professional Engineering License is a plus