NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
As a Building Scientist you will have the opportunity to perform building evaluations for water losses, indoor air quality studies and concerns in both commercial and residential properties. Field experience in construction, building inspecting, building envelope training, and water intrusion is highly desirable. Knowledge in indoor air quality assessments, and asbestos is a plus. This position is an integral part of our Building Sciences Department within South Florida and requires a diverse array of responsibilities in order to accomplish the objectives of the department.
This is an opportunity to leverage your local knowledge and be involved in exciting projects that will offer an opportunity to provide technical solutions. We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community. You'll need to be flexible in your approach to challenges, and have a strong ability to think laterally in delivering project solutions.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-5 years of experience in assessing the indoor air environments/ building envelopes and/or relative construction experience. Typical responsibilities may include assessments of the building materials for causation of damage associated with mold and moisture exposure. Secondary tasks indoor air quality assessments.
• Evaluation of water losses and indoor air quality concerns in both commercial buildings and residential homes
• Investigating and writing cause and origin (C&O) reports for insurance companies and other property sector clients
• Conduct microbial sampling and analysis
• Provide expert testimony on behalf of our clients as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, construction or one of the hard sciences (i.e. chemistry, physics, math etc.)
• Knowledge of general construction methods is strongly desired
• Experience performing building assessments, sampling, and failure analysis is a plus
• Willing and able to travel and perform field work and site visits up to 50% of the time
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Critical thinking skills and curiosity to solve problems
• Ability to work autonomously and under time constraints
• Active FL State Mold Assessors license is desired plus
• Active CIE, CIEC, CMC, CMCC is a plus
• Active GC or Inspector’s license is a plus
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.