- Three (3) or more years of experience in the Power Systems Field involving electrical system studies.
- Experience in reviewing power systems studies and calculations developed by others (QA/QC) is preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply standards including IEEE, IEC, NESC, NEC and client standards.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple assignments under budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills leading small project teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively with team members, clients and management teams across different geographical locations and time zones. Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated technical writing and reporting skills.
- Experience with managing documents for large projects.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Experience with the power system calculations (AC panel sizing, DC panel and battery sizing, Voltage Drop, Cable Sizing, Arrester Selection).
- High voltage substation design experience a plus.
- Knowledge of substation physical equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of Protection and Controls design preferred.
- Experience with low voltage (under 800V), medium voltage (1-15kV) and high voltage substation design (15kV through 500kV) activities such as preparing one line diagrams, three line diagrams, AC/DC schematics and wiring diagrams, physical layouts, electrical elevations, plans (foundation, grounding, and raceway), and bills of materials including selection of non-standard equipment, writing equipment specifications, and assisting with procurement, etc. preferred
- Capable of developing detailed construction documents and drawings based on concepts, verbal direction and/or sketches preferred.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- SCADA applications.
- Substation Grounding Analysis to include proficiency with CDEGS a plus.
- Proficiency in performing relay settings calculations and studies a plus.
- Project scheduling.
- Financial management (Project budgets).
- Consulting experience.
- Substation inspection and documentation experience to include quality control during construction.
- Degree Required: 4 year ABET accredited BSEE or equivalent.
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefits package.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.