- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, or other related degree.
- Years of experience – 5 to 8 years in construction, mining, facility maintenance, or industrial safety.
- DOE experience preferred.
- CIH certification preferred.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32°F for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100°F for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Physical Requirements:
Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Background Check / Drug Screening:
Candidates who are proposed will be required to complete a background check and drug screen prior to being hired.
Verification of education will be required prior to employment.
- Medical Requirements:
Candidates may be subject to baseline medical monitoring depending upon client requirements.
Potential Future Opportunities are those positions which we believe we will be hiring for in the near future, although not currently open today. By applying for a Future Potential Opportunity, your resume is available to our recruiters immediately and although not currently open, you may be contacted for an exploratory interview. When a position does open for this role, our recruiters will review the candidate pool and contact those qualified at the time of the opening. Therefore, you may not get an immediate response when you submit your resume, since we may not be actively hiring for the role at the time at which you apply.
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefit package.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.