NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
• Ensure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
• Provide technical support for construction, including participation in construction planning, execution, quality control, and completion of the work.
• Interface with on-site construction crews as required ensuring safety is maintained, quality of construction, adherence to overall project schedule, and tracking productivity goals.
• Work includes the layout and tracking of installations including the use of survey and gps tracking equipment, operating with CAD systems, and identifying as-built conditions.
• In depth understanding and experience with utility plans.
• Maintain project records for assigned work. Package records per contract requirements and facilitate turnover to the client’s representative.
• Participates in, and performs safety audits; in addition to ensuring housekeeping, storage, and work practices are adhered to. Maintains all necessary records.
• Supports the project manager in achieving financial results.
• Responsible to clearly identify issues requiring PM attention.
• Ensures assigned subcontractors activities are performed in accordance with Purchase Order/Contract.
• Responsible for ongoing communication and timely identification of issues to the PE, and pending or actual changes to the work performed and may impact costs, schedule, contract or customer relationship.
• Additional duties may be assigned.
• 5+ years of experience in Field Engineering specifically on Gas and Electric utilities.
• Additional construction experience may be substituted for education.
• Construction experience desired.
• Must have computer skills in MS Office software primarily with Excel and Work, as well with CAD software.
4-year degree in engineering or engineering technologies. Construction management preferred.
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefits package.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.